Everything at Once – A Round Up
- We now have Internet at the house. Cue the bells. Cue the whistles. Cue the choir of angels singing Hallelujah.
- Our brother-in-law, Edward, arrived home last night from a deployment to Afghanistan. The smiles on their faces just radiate happiness, don’t you think?
- I am currently obsessed with the song Everything at Once by Lenka.
- Our washer and dryer have yet to make the move. I am afraid that my yoga pants could stand by themselves (eeeewwww). I must do laundry at our old rental house before Friday.
- Because I am flying to Pittsburgh for a reunion weekend with The Girls from our time at Ft. Drum.
- Oh.my.gosh. I am so excited.
- I know what many of you are thinking, “Pittsburgh in January?” To which I answer, “Yup.“
- I am not quite sure why this has turned into a bulleted list – just go with it.
- We’re starting to unpack the house, room by room. I am itching to begin painting but that will have to wait until next week.
- We’ve only been in the house for 5 days and already the white walls are beginning to drive me batty.
- I start my part-time instructor position in February. Yippee!
- The little guy and I might accompany Clay on a couple of TDYs in the near future and one of the possible locations involves lots and lots of sun. Sign me up!
Hmmmm…I am not quite sure how to end this post. Would you like to peek into our not too bad but still needs some work kitchen? Here it is the day we closed on the house – all I see is potential. Sweet, lovely, ooey gooey goodness potential.
I know you’re jealous of the track lighting. Whenever I see it, I feel like we should be wearing track suits and singing Midnight at the Oasis like Fred Willard and Catherine O’Hara from Waiting for Guffman. Speaking of our house, I am not quite sure how little or how much to blog about the new house and our DIY adventures. I suppose time will tell and I will just let the blog unfold organically. Speaking of organic, Portlandia is probably our new favorite show and we can’t wait until our DirectTV is installed so we can watch IFC. Cacao.