A Hitch In My Giddy-Up
I’ve currently got a hitch in my giddy-up so let’s do this post bullet-style.
- I’ve been sick for awhile. I went to see another medical professional over the weekend and received a diagnosis that hopefully will allow me to start getting the proper treatment. I haven’t been debilitating sick, just in enough pain to interfere with my everyday life and reduce my energy level drastically. I’ve been acting like James Franco hosting the Oscars and look like I constantly have bitter beer face. I can’t wait to get back to 100% Karen.
- We rented our house in North Carolina. After being on the rental market for under a week, our house was quickly swooped up. This is after being on the sales market since October. We had tons of showings but no offers. Moral of the story? If you don’t need the equity in your house right now, RENT IT! We couldn’t be happier.
- In a couple of weeks, we will have possession of our rental house. I can’t wait to take pictures of the empty property and share my plans with all of you! As I have discussed before, my goal is to illustrate that renting a house doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style and fabulousness. And I am going to love the challenge of working around
salmonpink countertops. Yes, pink.
- This was a Facebook status update of mine from last week – This afternoon, I chased a cat (who broke out of his carrying cage) around the veterinarian parking lot; all while a toddler was screaming in horror. What did you do?
- We’re trying to decide what to do/where to go for Memorial Day weekend. The responsible thing to do would be to stay here and focus on the apartment to house move. But we can’t be responsible all the time now, can we?
- There is a brilliant thunderstorm happening right now (7:30am). I am planning a post about all the things I love and not-so-much-love about Oklahoma. Thunderstorms fall into the love category.
And that is pretty much all I have to say. In the words of Dr. Seuss, “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”